Monday, December 8, 2008

INSANITY

As I sat in our team meeting Monday morning, the school secretary came down to tell me the principal wanted to speak to me. Not unusual so I wasn't concerned. The secretary and I chatted on the way down to the office. I walked around the corner to his doorway and saw 3 top administrators waiting for me. I immediately panicked thinking that someone in my family had been seriously hurt or killed. I sat down and the principal, notorious for being unclear and idiotic in his oral communications, began a conversations with, "A math document has come to our attention..."

I had no idea about what he was talking but as the conversation progressed, I came to understand that he was talking about a 10 question worksheet I had created! There were 8 different varieties of questions but only 10 questions I had written to help prepare the students for the upcoming state achievement test!

Suddenly I felt like bombs were going off around me and I effectively lost my "wits" because I knew that what they were pursuing could lead to the loss of my job!

The admin. alleged that I had read the math test in advance of administering it and created my worksheet based upon what I had read. INSANITY! There was another teacher in the room with me the entire time! There were also 46 KIDS! No time, no desire, no chance. Totally preposterous!

No comments: