Friday, May 16, 2008

Updating Blog

I haven't been consistent with updating this blog. It's not because I'm lazy or that I don't care. I care deeply about many issues and events.

I suffer from clinical depression and severe anxiety disorder and every day can be a total struggle. Sometimes getting up in the morning is the most I can hope to accomplish. I am extremely fortunate to have a husband and family who are wholly supportive and helpful. I'm getting better but recovery is a slow and unpredictable process.

The catalyst for my illness occurred a little over 2 years ago. Our family was experiencing several personal traumatic events when I was accused and convicted of committing an offense concerning state testing (I was a teacher.) that I did not commit and thus have suffered a painful end to a career that I loved and cherished for the last 26 years.

I have felt a full gamut of emotions over these past couple of years as our family continues to contend with a wide variety of very difficult issues but this teaching issue has been excruciatingly painful for me. Knowing that I am totally innocent (there was another teacher in the room with me the entire duration of the testing period who testified that I did not do what I was accused of doing) but still be in the process of losing a career to which I was fully committed is an unspeakably difficult event.

Despite my pain I struggle with some guilt over the reaction I experienced because I know intellectually that there are far worse tragedies and and human situations than mine. I guess we just don't have control over our chemistry that we'd like to have.

Each day is a new challenge for me. I continue to fight to clear my name and my restore my former stellar reputation in the community. I struggle to forgive those who put me in this situation as they sought retaliation against me. I hope that they find peace and can continue their lives finding kindness and love instead of vindication and anger. It is then that we will have more healing souls on the Earth and continue our journey toward a better planet.

No comments: