Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's been a 2 year search that has FINALLY ended! It seems that I've yearned for an energy saving front loader washing machine forever. My washer and dryer are about 20 years old each and, needless to say, are not energy star appliances nor do they begin to even think about being eco-friendly users of resources. I've held on to them because of the cost prohibitiveness of purchasing new sets. ( I also often wonder if the use of new appliances such as these would offset the energy needed to manufacture them.)


Last week, in one of my regular searches of Craigslist.org, I FINALLY found a great used set! I was able to purchase the washer, dryer and 2 drawer stands for much less than the price of the brand-new washer! The set is 4 years old but in great condition. The previous owners are moving from their house to an apartment where they will be unable to take the appliances. Now, in combination with my soap-nuts and washing with cold water, my washing will be much less resource consumptive and a whole lot greener!


My old set is being given away free to a mother of 5 children who needs them badly. This is a great cycle! Anytime we can reuse instead of purchasing new, it's a great cycle. We save resources, energy and keep chemicals out of the environment. We work to create a better Earth for everyone!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and your new washer! We got a great front-loader this year and I love it. (Alas, it was new, so not as excellent as your find).